A Romantic Upscale Bed and Breakfast
Adirondack Foothills near Cooperstown in Upstate Central NY
Where our guests can relax while enjoying -
Complimentary Ice Cream, Desserts & Beverages 24/7.
A uniquely upscale, private, waterside B&B. Our Historical 1835 Stone Grist Mill was once part of the Underground Railroad. The abundant grounds are set in a tranquil park-like setting with hot tub spas overlooking cascading waterfalls and extensive gardens. The 1894 Mill Guest House,1888 Hog’n Haus and CliffSide Guest Cottages overlook private waterfalls and gorge. Views from the Cottages show the deer feeding in the woods across the waterfall gorge. The INn features a super-deluxe continental breakfast, fully stocked kitchens, private baths and game parlors. During the warmer weather season, listen to historical storytelling in the museum-like Emporium & Ice Cream Billiard Parlor, while enjoying complimentary gourmet desserts. Relax in a stream-side hammock, covered swing or meditate in the Zen Garden.
The Stone Grist Mill construction started around 1830 and was completed in 1835.The Mill opened for business on February 20, 1835 and produced Flour & Animal Feed. The Stone Grist Mill building was also used as a Station of the Underground Railroad. Escaping slaves traveled to and from the Mill through an underground tunnel that runs along the creek to another Mill that was located downstream. Rooms below the basement floor provided a secure and safe place to rest while waiting for the next barge traveling up the Mohawk River towards Canada and freedom.
Rest and Relax in our soothing Spas that overlook the waterfalls flowing in the Natural Gorge.
Outdoor Hot Tub Spas are located at the Grist Mill and CliffSide Cottage.
The 1835 Stone Grist Mill and Emporium/Ice Cream Parlor, 1894 Mill House, 1888 Hog'n Haus Cottage and CliffSide Cottage are located in a tranquil park-like setting near cascading waterfalls, herb and perennial gardens.
Our gardens have been planted with over 20,000 flower bulbs as well as thousands of herbs and perennials. There is always an inviting place to stroll or pause in this peaceful haven.
The Mill House was built in 1894
INn by the Mill
We are located in Upstate Central New York, Leatherstocking area of the Mohawk Valley, in the Town of (West) Saint Johnsville. Situated just North of the Mohawk River and Erie Canal near the Saint Johnsville Municipal Marina and just North of Cooperstown Hall of Fame and the Glimmerglass Opera. The area is sometimes called Crystal Valley because of the abundance of clear doubly-terminated Quartz crystals scattered about the area.
or call 518.568.2388 for information
Toll-free reservation line 1.866.568.2388
1679 Mill Road, Saint Johnsville, NY 13452-3911
Site created on January 16, 1999. Ron Hezel - INnkeeper/Webmaster
Copyright © RAH 1999 - 2015 All Rights Reserved